Job Templates allow you to specify pre-defined, common jobs to quickly fill out a new job form with one click. With Job Templates, you can specify the Job Title, Location, Notes, and an Auto-generated Basic Invoice to be automatically inserted into your new job form. In this guide, we'll demonstrate how to create a Job Template for a basic Service Call that has an automatically generated $100 invoice for the service visit.
Setting Up Job Templates
1) Click 'Administration' in the left side menu, select the 'Jobs' tab, and then select the 'Job Templates' secondary tab
2) Click the 'New' button in the upper right to open a new Job Template form.
3) Enter a name for your Job Template in the 'Template Name' field
Note: In this example, we will use "Service Call - $100" because there may be multiple Service Call job templates with different auto-generated invoice amounts, so naming it "Service Call - $100" will make it easier to identify when selecting from the list of Job Templates.
4) Enter a title for your job in the 'Job Title' field
Note: This field correlates with the 'Job Title' field on the job form.
5) Enter a location for your job in the 'Location' field if necessary
Note: In most cases, you will leave this blank so that the customer's address is automatically inserted into the field instead. In our example, we will leave it blank as well.
6) Enter any relevant notes into the 'Notes' field
Note: If you want to automatically include notes for your team in the job record, you can insert them into the Job Template as well.
7) Toggle the 'Auto-generate Basic Invoice' field on if you'd like to have an invoice automatically created for your jobs
Note: New fields related to creating your invoice will appear on the form.
8) Select an 'Invoice Item' and determine the price and whether to apply tax on the line item
Note: In this example, we have an Invoice Item called 'Service Call' that we use for this invoice. If you do not yet have an Invoice Item, you can create one.
9) Once your Job Template is prepared, click 'Save'
Note: You can edit your Job Templates at any time from the Job Templates list. To use the Job Template, create a new and select it from the Job Templates list. Continue reading below to learn how.
Inserting Job Templates into New Job Forms
1) Open a new job form and select the customer for the job
2) Click the 'Job Template' icon in the 'Job Name' field and select the appropriate Job Template
All of the stored information from the Job Template will be inserted into your new job form.
3) After inserting the Job Template, modify all of the job details as necessary and click 'Save'
Your new job and your auto-generated invoice will be created as usual.